MR. JOE'S KITCHEN

MR. JOE'S KITCHEN

Friday, September 10, 2010

Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie.







































I have been going to the gym and trying to eat healthier so I have been looking for ways to add protein to my diet. Here is a delicious smoothie I created that is loaded with protein. I drink this as my morning or midday meal.

You will need a blender. I start by pouring a weight loss shake into the blender, as a base. I use the Kirkland brand found at Costco, but you can use Slim-Fast, or a generic brand such as Safeway. Next add one scoop of whey protein powder. I don't have a brand favorite, but I do watch for the sales at GNC. Next chop 1/2 of a high protein energy bar into chunks. I recommend the Premier Protein Bars sold at Costco. They have the highest percentage of protein out of any bar on the market and 24 bars at $19.99 is a really good price. You can also order them on-line at www.PremierProtein.com. I save the rest of the bar for eating at the gym, or using in a shake tomorrow.

In addition add 1/2 of a frozen banana. I cut up two three very ripe bananas and keep them in the freezer so they are ready for blending. Add 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt. I switched to using regular yogurt rather than "lite" or "low-fat" because there are no additives. Safeway has a great brand under the organics label. Finally drop in 4 or 5 ice cubes.

Once everything is the blender start up on regular speed and then increase it to high. I blend for about 45 seconds or until I no longer here the ice grinding. Pour and serve. This will generally make two servings, so share with a friend or put the remainder in the refrigerator and drink it after the gym. Enjoy.

Ingredients
Blender
12 oz weight loss shake or chocolate protein drink (10g protein)
1 scoop whey protein powder (25g protein)
1/2 chocolate peanut butter protein energy bar, chopped (15g protein)
1/2 ripe banana, cut into pieces
1/4 vanilla, banana or plain yogurt (2g protein)
4 or 5 ice cubes 


total 52g protein or 26g per serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment