MR. JOE'S KITCHEN

MR. JOE'S KITCHEN

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tony's Coal Fired Pizza & Slice House





















Tony's Coal Fired Pizza & Slice House opened a couple of weeks ago in North Beach. Right next door to Tony's Pizza Napoletana. The slice house offers authentic NY style pizza and NY and Chicago deli sandwiches.

I love NYC pizza. I grew up on it and it is, absolutely the best pizza going. Unfortunately it is almost impossible to find outside of NYC. I had just about given up on finding a really good thin crust NY pizza in San Francisco. I would drive down to San Jose to visit Kirk at Slice Of New York every couple of months, to satisfy my cravings.

But now we have Tony's Coal Fired Pizza & Slice House right here in San Francisco and I can get NYC pizza anytime I want it. (except Mon. & Tues. when they are closed)

This pizza is the real deal. Crisp, thin crust, yet still has a good chew. The sauce is absolutely amazing. Just the right balance of acidity and sweetness with a full robust tomato flavor. And the cheese!! Perfectly cooked mozzarella. This pizza was great. I am a plain cheese guy, but Tony' offers pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and many other toppings. They have a slice of the day posted on a chalkboard by the door.

The service was fast, fun and friendly. The pizza was fresh and hot and was served within five minutes.

There is one table inside and two tables outside, but this pizza is made to be eaten on the go. Just give the slice a fold and and you can walk and eat. 

Tony also offers authentic Italian delicatessen sandwiches and at some point I'll give them a try, but this is now my "go to" destination for great pizza in San Francisco.

Did I mention they also carry authentic Gino's Italian Ices from NYC. Try a refreshing scoop of lemon or cherry after your pizza. Yum!

Mr. Joe's Kitchen rating **** aprons


No comments:

Post a Comment